Thursday, August 2, 2012

Allie Brosh- Famous Blogging Idol That Dropped Off the Face of the Planet

Hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com

Chances are high you've heard of the blog "Hyperbole and a Half", written by Allie Brosh. This is one of the most popular blogs to ever exist. Allie is slightly derranged but completely hilarious. In her blogging journey, she has explained many things. How a fish almost destroyed her childhood, how to go to a party while heavily sedated, she has made up a mystical creature called the Alot to help her cope with grammar mistakes. She even got a book deal, it should be published in Fall 2012. She explained the book in her second to last post. Her very last post- "Adventures in Depression". Ever since then, it appeared that Allie Brosh has completely dropped off the face of thr planet, or at least the internet. Her Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, and all her other social networking sites are no longer active. They practically have cobwebs on them. There has been no sign of Allie Brosh since then. Some fans like to believe that she is busy working on her book. Others think she is possibly in rehab. Whatever the cause, the internet has a Hyperbole and a Half shaped hole in it's heart.
Until Allie returns, if she ever returns, the internet will never be the same again.

18 comments:

  1. I'm a huge Hyperbole and a Half fan & I hadnt read her blog in a while. I couldn't believe she suffered from depression when I read her blog just a minute ago, but then again alot of comedians, etc. do. I hope she gets back blogging again soon - Great blogpost by the way !

    ReplyDelete
  2. She posted on Reddit that she was receiving treatment in March.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/qov3p/does_anybody_know_what_is_happening_with_allie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss her and her blog so much, and have been very worried about her! hope you are getting well, allie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss her too! I go back to her blog occassionally to see if there are any updates... Hoping for a Merry Christmas for her and a Happy new year filled with Hyperbole and a half!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.dailydot.com/society/hyperbole-and-half-allie-brosh-update/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking of her today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best Allie! Take your time getting better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's interesting that a few people have written blog articles about her battle with depression but how do people know that that was even Allie who replied on Reddit?

    I'm not criticizing but genuinely wondering. I guess that's THE only thing on the internet that even gives a tiny explanation to her mysterious disappearance so people are clinging onto it.

    Wherever she is, I hope she is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her last blog post was a cartoon about her depression. That's how people know.

      Delete
  9. From what I understand she used to be a regular on Reddit, under the name Tubemonster. So when Tubemonster posted, other regular users recognized her.

    Honestly, I miss her Alot. I searched Simon and Schuster for release dates and found no results for Allie Brosh. That kind of worries me. :-( I just want her to be happy and healthy. Even if she never writes another word or draws another awesome squiggle, she has made a profound impact on me and so many others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for posting this! I was wondering where she went..her blog was like Christmas to me! So funny and talented! Hope she comes back..or is at least finding her happiness~

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been too long. I think her own fame killed her. Gone, gone, gone. Not dead, maybe, but gone just the same. Like the Easter Bunny. It will be better for her if she never returns... Worse for the world, to be sure, but probably better for her. How do I love something enough to tell it to stay the hell away from me and the rest of the fans? Dunno. Makes no sense. Beats being dead, though. So, Good bye, Easter Bunny... Thank you for what you could give us. Please don't come back or we will eat you. We never meant to do that. We all thought it was Love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this post soooo much. It was like christmas for me too. But I rather she be well, and learn how AWESOME she is than back track. Move forward kindred. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this post soooo much. It was like christmas for me too. But I rather she be well, and learn how AWESOME she is than back track. Move forward kindred. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just today discovered her Hyperbole blog… so damn funny.

    Although I'm a troglodyte [lol see her FAQ…], here is a very sincere wish for her (and her family & friends) all the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...